Europe remains an important market and a safe and profitable area to establish your business. The main benefit of trading in the European Union (EU) is the European single market. It is the largest international single market in the world characterised by:
- harmonisation of regulations
- great competition in products and services
- few trade barriers
- reduction of business costs
- great business efficiency
- elimination of anti-competitive practices
Once you have established a local enterprise in a member state of the EU, you have free access to the rest of the EU.
However, as you are probably aware, your business strategy will need to take account of the many legal, historical and cultural differences between one member state and another. Differences such as:
- tax laws
- employment laws
- languages and language skills
- market size and preference
- business culture and bureaucracy
Our specialist teams of lawyer-linguists can advise on your strategy and business model, as well as all the issues relating to tax, employment law and business practice.